Am I Really Pregnant?
It is important to confirm pregnancy early with an accurate pregnancy test that is read by a medical professional. There are several possible reasons for a missed period and/or different pregnancy symptoms, which is why confirming your pregnancy is so important. At Claris Health, we offer free urine pregnancy tests and consultation with a medical professional.
What if I took an at-home pregnancy test?
At-home pregnancy tests may be accurate indicators of a positive pregnancy, however here’s what they can’t do:
- Confirm the viability (health) of your pregnancy
- Confirm the location of your pregnancy—your pregnancy may not be in the uterus (ectopic pregnancy), which is extremely dangerous.
- Confirm how far along you are in your pregnancy
Most Common Symptoms
A missed a period is by far the most common indicator that you might be pregnant. But while a missed period is the most common, many women also experience nausea and changes in their breasts. One of these three symptoms is the first sign noticed by more than 70% of pregnant women. It is also important to note that each of these symptoms may be a sign of something other than pregnancy which is why it is so important to get checked out by a medical professional.
Other common symptoms include:
- Frequent urination
- Decreased appetite
Things to Think About
Facing an unintended pregnancy can feel overwhelming. We know there is a lot to think about before you make a decision, and Claris Health is here for you. Especially if you're experiencing symptoms of pregnancy for the first time, it can be so helpful just to talk to someone who knows what to expect when you’re expecting.
Did you know that:
- At-home pregnancy tests are not the most effective way to confirm your pregnancy?
- It’s important to confirm that your pregnancy is viable (healthy)?
- You have a choice in the matter (that you have not one, not two, but three options)?